Sunday 27 August 2017

Summer knitting

Recently I have been knitting away on my 'Little Tern blanket' which is the August part of 'A Year of Techniques' from AC knitwear and although it won't be finished by the end of the month I have really enjoyed the fact that this project has made me revisit my continental knitting style. Although I have regularly used the continental knit stitch technique I have previously found the Norwegian Purl stitch a slow and clunky stitch to work and I think this is due to the fact that previously I had practised this stitch using sock yarn and small needles. This blanket is done in the gorgeous Fyberspates Vivacious DK weight and has a lovely spring to it making it a real pleasure to use the whole continental knitting way throughout the blanket.

Perhaps you can see that the stitch changes are frequent so my traditional English way of knitting was very slow and laborious but sped up considerably when I switched to continental. I am much further along than this picture shows but I am happy to continue at my own pace enjoying the knitting as I go. 

Life here is still trundling along at it's own peculiar pace and is mostly just weeks of similar things happening interspersed with my knitting and crochet, hence I find that it has become more important to stretch myself by learning new things or growing current skills to new levels! My Gran once told me that you are never too old to learn new things and it is important to keep learning your whole life - something I always remembered but recently find myself knowing how important it is to make this happen.

I hope all is well in your corners of blogland and I will be back with more new skills soon!

1 comment:

busybusybeejay said...

TRundling along!!!!???I thought you had just had an amazing couple of months.Wedding photos etc

PLease tell me more about what you are knitting.I don't recognise it .Bx