Friday 10 January 2014

New Year New Start!

Happy New Year to you all out in Blogland! I hope that 2014 is a good year for us all.

After the terrible year I had last year I was more than happy to say goodbye to 2013, it started badly and ended not quite so badly! My apologies for the lack of posts but I shall try very hard this year to get back on track. It has taken me 6 months to start to feel a bit more like my old self again and although I miss my furry friend every day life is beginning to move forward bit by bit. You might be pleased to hear that my knitting has started to slowly pick up pace again and I can see progress in projects that I am working on rather than the painful slow work that was last year.

So with that in mind I will show you some progress I made over the holidays - you might remember my excitement at starting my Rams and Yowes blanket back in 2012? Well this was where I got to over Christmas:

I did my first steek - so I must have been feeling better as I cut my knitting! Thankfully it worked and I spent the following week picking up stitches which is my least favourite thing to do but I persevered and am now knitting the border.


I will leave you at this point as I only popped in to wish you all well and say that I am back again (hopefully) for 2014. More soon and thank you for still being here! S x

1 comment:

busybusybeejay said...

Really good to hear from you again.We have missed you!That looks an interesting project.I would like to hear more about it please,also what else are you working on.I havn't anything on the go and can't get inspiration.
2013 was a rotten year for us too.Ziggy,our gorgeous cat,fell off the roof and died.i had my third knee op.My stepmother died and our son lost his job in October and still hasn't got anything yet.here's to better times for us both.