Monday 5 April 2010

Easter Greetings

I know I am a bit behind here but that is about par for the course here at the moment! I hope you all had a lovely Easter, I know that I am not the only one who's plan went wrong and I am sorry to hear it.

I wish that I could say I am writing this from the wild and windswept beaches of Norfolk but no I am still here in daffodil blooming Cheshire! Still no final end to the car saga after the garage found that it also needed a new radiator as the screw thread had broken on the original one and so all would not be ready by Easter despite me arriving on the doorstep twice weekly for the last 3 weeks! You would think that would have been an indication of how desperate I was to go away - but clearly unless I was prepared to weep and wail or shout loudly (neither of which I was prepared to lower myself to do), my pain was not obvious enough!

Even my plans to watch my favourite 'Jonathan Creek' were thwarted by a game of Monopoly (Cheshire and Chester edition I might add). It went on for so long that I had to abandon my empire to go and sort out some dinner and as the others were fairly broke I am sure that it could have been me who won but they counted up without me so I will never really know!

So today is Easter Monday and the only plan I have is to cook my lovely free range turkey that I have watched run around Danny's garden for the last few months. I know it should have been yesterday but as I said all plans went out of the window due to the blasted monopoly and Jonathan Creek fiasco. Fingers crossed for a planless plan!

2 comments:

Claire said...

How did the Turkey taste? Bet it was lovely as there is no beating a free range bird. I've currently got a duck nesting in my carrot pot - she's sitting tight now so hopefully we'll have ducklings soon :)

Anonymous said...

So you won't want to here about me sitting by a large pool sipping Margaritas in a 23' heat then .....? If it's any consolation, they don't do turkey in Cyprus so I had to make do with the traditional Easter goat :P .... a little chewy is the nicest thing I can say about it.