Tuesday 11 January 2011

Whizzing by!

It has been a week since my last post and I am not really sure where it went! Firstly there was unpacking and washing and then a trip to Chester with Lottie. Thursday was back to school for her and required a cake to be baked (honestly I don't remember teachers allowing cake into lessons when I did A-levels) then it was the weekend which meant the annual xmas tree collection for the Scouts and Guides and then Sunday was just gathering ourselves together for the coming week.

I have managed to knit most evenings so my Sushi shawl along is growing steadily. This project arrived at the door on Christmas eve and so became, unusually for me, a monogamous project (with the exception of car knitting which doesn't count). In fact if you can keep a secret I have signed up for the SSA6 as well! The one thing that I really love about this is that I can remember most of the pattern - it is only the bit in the middle that changes on each row. I was not sure I liked it at first as the yarn seemed a bit stiff but it has softened up a lot and I am sure once it has been blocked it will change a lot more. I do have lots of other project that I need to show you - the light here is not at all good today so I will have to try again soon. Am off to go for a walk with Ted now as we both need it! More soon.....

3 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

That looks interesting yarn.What is SSA6?I'm intrigued but really must not join anything else with both my blanket clubs arriving in the same week.

Sarah Knits said...

SSA6 is sushi shawl along - it is from easy knits. The yarn is machine knit into a 'sock blank' and then hand painted. At least you only sign up for a single shawl - I think that is probably about my commitment limit. What is your other blanket club? 2 blankets in one year is way too much for me to handle although I was tempted to see if there were any places left when I saw the Debbie Abrahams square you did!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you cleared that up, I was wondering too! I trust you managed to nip into Stash while in Chester? I laughed at the cake baking, the week before Christmas I had cookies demanded of me on Wednesday evening because "it's my day for cake day Thursday"! (Nothing like a bit of notice) Seems they're all the same!