Saturday 23 May 2009

Knitting

Its been a while since I actually said what I am knitting so thought I would confess my lastest startitis and other on going projects! So I already have on the needles : a coinlace clapotis (started last year but sadly abandoned for no reason other than the straight needles were in trouble for poking him indoors whilst I was working on it), a plain clop (clapotis without the dropped stitches) for Lottie - started after the Feb half term and almost finished but had to go back and loose some rows of the body as I didn't quite have enough yarn! And 4 sets of socks!

set 1 is the maine island socks I started a couple of years ago but the foot came out too large and I have had to undo it and knit the foot part on smaller needles so put that one down.

set 2 is the circle sock in regia red stripes - I love the pattern but don't like the colour of the wool and I am also doing the magic loop method and I still have a love / hate relationship with that.

set 3 is the baby beanstalk and I am on the second sock foot part - no real reason to put this one down except that I had an attack of startitis and some yarn I bought at the aintree show a few weeks ago was calling to me.

so set 4 was cast on in a fit of distraction on Wednesday. I am going to blame him indoors for going to the office and staying overnight (it is a long way to Egham and back) and I was feeling fed up so I did my usual trick of ball winding and then just having to cast it on. I have never done monkey socks before (anyone out there done them) but Cookie A has a new book out and I would really love it so I thought if I tried this pattern I could determine if I was up to the job or not. So far I have done the rib (I made it a bit longer than she said as I like a good top to the sock) and have done 2 full pattern reps and am 1/2 way through the third. What do you think?


I did put it down last night because I can't knit a pattern (unless it is really simple) once I get to the second glass of wine! Thought I would wish you all a happy bank holiday weekend and for those of us on half term - lots of time to knit!

3 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

Love the pattern and the wool

Unknown said...

Great pattern and what yarn is that? It is fabulous.

Sarah Knits said...

The yarn is Araucania Ranco mutly, got it from Web of wool at the Aintree show (they have a website too)